The Australasian HIV&AIDS Conference (27th Annual Conference of the Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine) is the premier HIV Conference in Australia and the Asia and Pacific region.
The annual conference is run by ASHM as a platform for the dissemination and presentation of new and innovative research findings across the Australasian HIV sector.
Delegates to the conference come from a range of professional backgrounds including basic science, clinical medicine, community programs, education, epidemiology, indigenous health, international and regional issues, nursing and allied health, policy, primary care, public health and prevention, and social research.
For information on past HIV&AIDS conferences, including programs, presentations and handbooks, please visit www.ashm.org.au
The objectives of the Australasian Sexual Health and Australasian HIV&AIDS conferences are to:
1. Provide a forum for the workforce to keep up-to-date with research, clinical management, prevention, best practice and policy, including professional development and activities for relevant accreditation.
2. Develop a program that appeals to the multidisciplinary audience working in or interested in the sexual and reproductive health and Blood Borne Virus health sector and reflects the changing environment for the care and management of HIV, Hepatitis and STI.
3. Facilitate dialogue between researchers, community, government and clinicians across different geographic locations inside Australasia and from the region
4. Encourage the participation of
– new and early career clinicians, researchers, allied health and community members
– international leaders in the sector through grants and scholarships
– additional attendees through a scholarship program
– researchers and scientists working in the development of new STI and BBV therapies, investigations and other technical applications.
5. Disseminate knowledge and applied learning during and after the conference for wider audience education
6. Recognise and build sector leadership through awards and invited presentations
7. Ensure the conference delivers a budget surplus to support future initiatives
To view more information about the past Australasian HIV & AIDS Conference such as abstracts, presentations and program click HERE.